A care-package consists of items that are designed to bring a smile to a military service member– we consider it a hug from home. The following list is just a suggestion, all items are greatly appreciated.
Post cards, letters, pictures from you, thanking the troops for their dedication and service
Telephone Calling cards
DVDs Movies, CD Music
Hand-held video games
Sports items (soccer balls, footballs, baseballs..) Water balloons..
Clothing: new socks, new tee-shirts (white) Men/Women’s size M-XL, Warm woolen socks, long johns, warm ‘skull’ caps..
HAND AND FOOT WARMER INSERTS (as used in construction and hunting)
Coffee makers, STAINLESS STEEL THERMOSES
multi-outlet power cords
Play Stations, X-boxes and games
Beef Jerky, Slim Jims, nuts, raisins, seeds-sunflower, pumpkin, dried/instant soups, Ramen Soup cups, instant oatmeal packages/cups, peanut butter.. canned tuna/chicken, Crackers, cookies, chips, pretzels, granola bars, Little Debbie Snacks..
Tabasco sauce, salad dressing, salt/pepper, canned ravioli, canned Dintey Moore Stew, Easy Mac and Cheese…
SMOAS- Marshmellows, Chocolate Bars, Gram Crackers
Candy-hard, chewy, sweet, sour, gum, lolly-pops, licorice…, chewing gum, gummy bears…
Gater-aid, ice-tea, Crystal-lite powdered drink mixes, Lemon-aid mix, Koolaid sugared mix, Sealed can Coffee, tea, honey, hot chocolate…
Vitamins, tylenol, toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, mouthwash, shaving cream, razors, after shave, deodorant, shampoo, body wash, lotions, foot powder, new sealed nail clippers, brushes, combs, Q-tips, Toilet paper, Baby wipes and hand sanitizers, Eye Drops, Sanitary products for female service members, hair scrunchies, emery boards, sunscreen, bug repellent..
Batteries, disposable cameras, magazines, books, puzzle books, puzzles, boardgames, art supplies, holiday decorations, fleece blankets (new), twin size flat sheet (new)… FLANNEL PILLOW CASES AND SHEETS
For the Emergency Medical Facilities and Hospitals:
Get well cards, new socks (black, white), new boxers, new t-shirts, sweat shirts, sweat pants (Men’s M-XL)
Sincerest thanks to all who have helped to send hugs from home.
Here is a list of ideas/themes-we’ve been sending out weekly:)
1. Nacho, corn chips, Velveeta Cheese bar, canned chilly, green chilly/tomatoes, hot sauces… microwaveable bowl, Spanish rice package (microwave), chocolate chip cookies…
2. Breakfast food-cereals, granola bars, pudding, bagels, peanut butter, coffee, donuts, oatmeal cookies, instant oatmeal…, Little Debbie Snacks…
3. Soup box–Variety of packaged/canned soup, instant Ramen soup in Styrofoam cup, oyster, saltine and Ritz crackers, brownies…
4. Cookie Box-(I made 4 different types for my son to share) — Hello Dolly, Groundhog’s Day (Gingersnaps-with current eyes:), sugar, peanut butter, cappuccino, hot chocolate mix… (when mailing out to some one who might not know you personally–it’s best to send sealed packaged cookies)…and order some girl scout cookies to send too–they are really a big hit:), coffee…
5. Chinese food-Fortune cookies, Chinese noodles, Chop Suey-canned……..
6. Valentine’s Day–chocolate, candy, cookies, cakes, donuts….
7. President’s day–cherry pies, coffee…..
8. Sandwich box–tuna fish, salmon (canned/packaged), mayonnaise, mustard, peanut butter, jam, Velveeta Cheese…….
9. Spring-Hot cross buns, scones, Irish soda bread, “Lucky Charms” cereal, “Irish Spring” soap, deodorant, potato soup-canned/packaged, Oats and honey granola bars, green starlight mints, green (gum drop)spearmint leaves, green tea and Lots of Irish blessings:)
May the good saints protect you
And bless you today
And may troubles ignore you
Each step of the way
10. Easter-plastic eggs, chocolate bunnies, chocolate mini candies, jelly beans–lots-don’t open the bags.., baskets—“Some bunny loves you:)”
11. Health food (especially after all the jelly beans:)–roasted soy beans, beef jerky (high in protein-like the soy beans), dried fruits, Cliff bars–granola bars, vitamins-sealed, protein mixes, Oval teen, jars/cans of nuts (almond, cashew, peanuts, mixed nuts…..) Fruit leather…… powdered Gatorade mixes…….
Try alternating a food/snack box loaded with yummy edibles…with a health/hygiene box full of things to maintain health and personal comfort.